Instagram was once considered the place where kids shared funny photos and to others it was thought of as that illusive “other” social media. The image-based social network can be intimidating to those who are used to text-heavy Facebook, but it is a mainstream network with many advantages. From a marketing standpoint, Instagram offers organizations a unique opportunity to diversify the ways in which prospective and current customers or members view a product. The popularity and advantages of Instagram have grown tremendously, making it essential that it is included in a social media plan.
The reasons to establish your organization on Instagram are many. Ragan Communications, Inc., has dug up some handy facts and figures that will help you make your decision about Instagram:
- Instagram has more than 1 billion monthly active users or more than 13 percent of the Earth’s population.
- The typical user spends an average of 55 minutes per day on Instagram.
- User engagement is 58 times bigger on Instagram compared to Facebook and engagement per follower is 120 times more compared to Twitter.
- Instagram currently has over 25 million active business profiles.
- 72 percent of Instagram users have bought a product they saw advertised on the app.
Did those numbers surprise you? When you view the facts, you can understand why it is important to consider how you can implement Instagram as part of your social media program. The amount of people on the app is astounding and continues to grow. Instagram also recognizes how it can be used to help organizations. In the last year, the platform has added a number of tools to increase traffic via Instagram Stories and shoppable Instagram posts.
With more than 1 billion users on Instagram, how can you go wrong taking the plunge and showcasing your products and services? Contact AOE today for help producing a social media plan that includes Instagram!