The Women in Concrete Alliance (WICA) seeks to connect women in the concrete construction industry. Our goal is to provide opportunity for networking and growth, as well as inspiration for women choosing the concrete industry as a career path.
Join us September 23 at 2 pm Eastern in a virtual panel discussion of accomplished women who will share their passion and experiences that have made them extraordinary leaders. Each leader will share best practices in navigating the unique challenges women face in a professional career such as work/life balance pre-pandemic and now, establishing yourself in the workplace, handling trials with grace, and more. Be prepared to gain new perspective, encouragement and tools to implement in your career as we walk this journey together as women in the concrete industry. The esteemed panel is:
- Katharine E. Morgan, President of ASTM International
- Amy Brooks, Chief Operating Officer of Castle Rock Construction Company
- Jamie Gentoso, P.E., CEO for the US Cement organization of LafargeHolcim
About our panelists:
Katharine is president of ASTM International, one of the world’s largest organizations for the development of international voluntary consensus standards. She joined the staff of ASTM International in 1984 and has served the organization in the positions of staff manager, director, general manager of technical committee support, vice president of technical committee operations, executive vice president and president, a position held since 2017. She received a BS in Chemical Engineering from Lafayette College and an MBA from Widener University.
Amy attended Cal Poly University where she got a degree in Architectural Engineering and then went to work for Kiewit as a Paving Engineer. She officially began her career at Castle Rock Construction Company in 2013, but the company has been an important part of her life for many years prior to her employment there. With 10 years of concrete paving experience, her professional passions are building her team, building relationships with owners, and building long lasting concrete roadways.
Jamie Gentoso is the Chief Executive Officer for the US Cement organization of LafargeHolcim. An accomplished leader and a registered Professional Engineer, Jamie is responsible for all cement product lines, overseeing an organization of approximately 3,200 employees, 15 cement and grinding plants and more than 100 cement terminals across 43 states. She holds a degree in civil engineering and a master’s in business. She is passionate about the cement/concrete industry, enhancing its contributions to society and reducing its impact our environment.
Click here to register.
This forum is brought to you by the WICA Steering Committee:
- Alpa Swinger, Sr. Director, Market Development, Portland Cement Association
- Angela Folkestad, P.E., Executive Director, CO/WY Chapter – American Concrete Pavement Association
- Erica Flukinger, Digital Change Leader, HeidelbergCement Group and Lehigh Hanson
- Heather Steffek, Director of Operations, American Concrete Pavement Association – New York State Chapter
- Kimberly Kayler, CPSM, President, AOE
- Kim Spahn, P.E., VP of Strategy and State Operations, American Concrete Pipe Association
- Lori Tiefenthaler, Sr. Director of Marketing, LehighHanson
Please contact us today with ideas for future events.